This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Off-Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2013

Default Kuriboh card signed by Little Kuriboh himself!

Ok, so I had the pleasure of meeting Little Kuriboh himself at Almacon 2013, and got him to sign my Kuriboh card. As much as I hate hate HATE to do this, I'm a little... In the hole on money.... Its pretty bad... So I'm either going to sell it or auction it off... If anyone is interested, please let me know. Make bids, make offers, whatever it takes, it will all help me out.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Old 09-25-2013

Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!
Blurb: My ego is now a meme.
Send a message via MSN to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Yahoo to gwtyler1985

I don't think you'll get the kind of money you're looking for out of that card. Especially not here, and especially if there's nothing to back up that story. If you can prove it, I guess I'd give you a nickel for it.
Old 09-25-2013

I like the card, even when it's fake, but you can't expect 100$ from me. maybe 10$
Old 09-25-2013

What if I got Little Kuriboh to verify it?
Old 09-25-2013

I don't really care about that. I trust you. I just wouldn't spend that much money on it. maybe if you make Gronkh sign it as well, but even then, I am not that kind of guy who'd do anything for an autograph.
Old 09-25-2013

Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!
Blurb: My ego is now a meme.
Send a message via MSN to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Yahoo to gwtyler1985

First off, the card is an Evolution Yugi Starter Deck Kuriboh. Slightly more common than a regular Yugi Starter Deck Kuriboh. Not quite so rare.

Second, it's in pretty rough condition. You can see the corners are frayed and stripped, the edged worn, the faces scratched and pitted. It doesn't have any fold, bends, or obvious tears, but this just means it looks like an Evolution Yugi Starter Deck Kuriboh. Which is slightly more common than a blah blah blah. (no really, this card has been printed more times than people have said blah blah blah.)

Third, there's no guarantee that it was signed by Martin Billany, the guy who makes the series. It's even harder to authenticate unless he comes on here and says "Yeah, I totally signed that". ... Because that can actually happen and I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Fourth, it's been what... *looks it up* half a year. It's not vintage and there are probably a lot of things with his signature on it from other events. Plus he's still touring, so if he does sign stuff, it's pretty easy to catch up somewhere if you're going to be anywhere near one of those cons and ask him to sign something. The point of signatures has always been more about sentimental value anyway.

Factoring all of that together, my nickel is a lot to ask for. If you really need money, you'd probably be better off selling your phone or computer or your PS3 or your xbox or whatever you're using to post on here. You could probably get maybe $500 if you sold all four of those. Or $3000 if you've got a car.

Though if you steal those from other people, I will totally rat you out and then you'll be in an even deeper hole unless you get thrown into some other hole with people you really don't want to meet. And by that I mean to ask if you've ever seen Shawshank Redemption or Deliverance. Or Zarbon's transformation in DBZ abridged.

Last edited by gwtyler1985; 09-25-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-25-2013

most people get suspicious when the first thing you write on a forum is "I need your money" ;)
Old 09-25-2013

I guess I'll just hang onto it for now. I'm just gonna have a look in my basement to see if I still have anything of value. *Shrugs* thanks anyway. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll find my pokemon card binder. I know if it's still there I have a first edition original Charizard in it.
Closed Thread