This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Games

Old 03-09-2012

Blurb: Nod at the bird and PEOPLE DIE, everywhere PEOPLE DIE!
Send a message via AIM to 0mnislash17 Send a message via MSN to 0mnislash17
Default PSP Vita

So it's out there, let's discuss shall we?

I don't have much to say at this point about it other than I was not comfortable with how it felt...maybe I just have to get used to it.
Old 03-10-2012
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

How is it compared to the 3DS? The 3DS is horribly designed and yet I'm still hearing better things about it than the Vita.
Old 03-10-2012

Send a message via MSN to Ninjasplaycardgames2 Send a message via Yahoo to Ninjasplaycardgames2

Lol, next gen handheld fails?
Old 03-12-2012

Blurb: Nod at the bird and PEOPLE DIE, everywhere PEOPLE DIE!
Send a message via AIM to 0mnislash17 Send a message via MSN to 0mnislash17

Well the placement of the two thumbsticks give it a very awkward feel to it...Like it's on the same height as if it were a PS2/3 controller but they are spaced so far apart it feels weird. Like...seriously oversized.
Old 03-13-2012
Grand Excavator of the Poop Mines;
Sovereign of Soiled Nappies
Prognosticator of prognosticators

Blurb: Married 12/05/2012; Baby 1 29/07/2015; Baby 2: 06/01/2019
Muffins Served: 20,392

I wouldn't say the 3DS is horribly designed at all... I don't know whether it's down to personal preference or not, but I find it extremely comfortable to hold.
I mean, apart from the weight difference, I think it's more comfortable than the DSLite - that said, I am talking about using the circle pad rather than the d-pad, which is admittedly awkwardly placed.
But I still play Pokemon and other DS games using the circle pad, so it's not much of a problem :V

The PS Vita on the other hand, I had a play with a short while ago, and yeah it does feel incredibly oversized, and stuff's too far apart on it. I am in agreement with 0mnislash here, it feels really awkward >_>
Old 03-13-2012
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

I'm not really talking about the size. That's one of the few things they got right. The 3DS suffers from several crippling design flaws, such as:

A lack of grip on the circle pad. Every other joystick has had ridges to increase grip. Without the extra friction, the pad is awkward and is difficult to use precisely.

The D-pad does not fit the casing properly and slides around in the housing, occasionally squeaking due to the plastic rubbing against itself.

The 3DS lacks the processing power to handle 3D graphics. When the 3D is activated, the frame rate is cut in half. This is painfully apparent in fighting games like Dead or Alive and Tekken.

Only the top screen is capable of 3D. This is an embarrassing oversight which should have never made it past the design phase. By not allowing both screens to display 3D, the touch pad (a revolution in video game interactivity by the way) can never fully be utilized and is relegated to menus or maps.

While not deal breakers, I have a few minor issues with the placement of the volume control and start and select buttons. I haven't played a 3DS long enough for this to be an issue, but I would imagine my finger would keep bumping the volume because its right under where my hand would be. Start and select are an uncomfortable distance from where your hands would naturally rest and they feel weird when pressed.

And I think it goes without saying that 3D is a horrible gimmick that should have died in the 80's. It says something when one of the main selling points is, "you can turn the 3D off."
Old 06-30-2012

Blurb: I'll show you Inadequate!

I have a Vita basically. I think it's awesome, actually, though not perfect.