This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: Abridged Series Discussion

Old 07-20-2007

I would be really happy if Little Kuribo would make a complete Zork and Pals series. I just love Zork and Pals.
So what about you others. Would you like to see a complete Zork and Pals series
Old 07-20-2007

I really don't think it would work. It's funny as a little sketch but a whole six minute episode would probably be terrible. Mind you I'm judging on the fact that LK seems to deliberatly make it as unfunny as possible to spoof American sitcoms that just recycle the same jokes over and over.
Or maybe I'm the only one that thinks the jokes in it aren't funny, I'm also probably doing LK some injustice by suggesting that he couldn't write more jokes for it.
Old 07-20-2007

Zorc and pals is a good running gag, but it would be a bit thin on story.
but i don't know how you'd run it. can you give us some info on your ideas for 'Zorc and Pals'?
Old 07-20-2007

I really haven´t any idea. But I think it´s because i´ve never seen any original episode which contains these Zorc stuff.
You know when a friend and me saw the abridged movie we were just thinking about that.
Zorc coming home, the odience (Damn i really don´t remember how to write it, I hope you can guess which word is meant) screams, zorc tells a joke and has to waite before going on and so on.
Old 07-20-2007

zork wasn't in many episodes so theres not much you can do with him, thats why little kuriboh just as the same clip of zork in every sceen he was in with zork and pals.
Old 07-20-2007

There really isn't much material about Zork like BrianF mentioned. And I really don't know what would happen in a whole episode of Zork and Pals. Hmm if LK would continue the whole Zork and evil Bakura married couple joke... That's actually very disturbing idea. :o

But I'm a fan of Zork and Pals too. ^^
Old 07-20-2007

It could work if enough effort was made but I like it more as a filler during the regular episodes it's kind of a little escape from the plot for a good 10 seconds or so
Old 07-20-2007

Zorc and Pals could somehow be incorporated into the millenium/memory world story arc, but not a whole show.
Old 07-20-2007

Blurb: Remembah me?
Send a message via AIM to Maruna Send a message via MSN to Maruna Send a message via Skype™ to Maruna

Maybe a One-Episode special, but after that, I would say that the joke would be thoroughly dead. It's better off staying an occasional gag.
Old 07-20-2007

It's like Homsar on Homestar Runner. The brothers chaps have said repeatedly that they will never give Homsar a cartoon because he's a good on off character, but giving him two straight minutes would ruin it.
Old 07-21-2007

Maybe an entire Zorc and Pals short would be decent, but yeah, running gags are awesome, so they should stay that way
Old 07-21-2007

Blurb: Thiefshipping fangirl >=)
Send a message via AIM to Mana

I love Zork and Pals, but I like the running gag better too, but I haven't seen it in a while. I don't think it would really work if it went on too long. I wondered about the millenium arc too.

My friends and I were singing Zork And Pals really loudly the other day and getting wierd looks.
Old 07-23-2007

The Zorc and Pals show should run thusly -
Zorc has to come home and make dinner for his boss, who is coming over, and Bakura subsequently uses too much soap in the laundry.
Then their boss arrives and Bakura has to, umm..."pretend" to be gay in order to be living with Zorc.
I could go on, but you get the idea.
Old 07-23-2007

...it was in the movie...
Old 07-23-2007

u suck josh
:)
Old 07-23-2007

u suck josh
:)
Old 07-23-2007

i hate suck and pals
Old 07-23-2007

well, where did zorc come from? the anime he used i mean. zork was an old video game
Old 10-29-2007

Blurb: I may be lazy, but that only serves to protect humanity from me.
Send a message via AIM to Cocyta Send a message via Yahoo to Cocyta

In Yu-Gi-Oh, Zorc is (according to various sources) either a demon or a god of death. Whatever the case, when the Millennium Items were created, he was brought into the world. Some time later, I believe after Thief King Bakura was grown (he was about six when his village was destroyed and all the inhabitants - except him - were sacrificed to create the Items), he made a deal with Bakura - Bakura's soul in order to get revenge for the destruction of his village and the deaths of everyone he knew.
Old 11-08-2007

Zorc and Pal is a long running gag but I wouldn't mind there being a special full-length vedio. Like the Christmas special however it would be nice for it to have a full series.
Old 09-07-2008

Actually I've had a thought recently when it comes to Zork and Pals, and I think I know just what it needs to get the real kick into audiences hearts; Proper Advertising. And, something like Z&P needs to reach out to the right people. I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the radio show Bob & Tom, but I think that if Zork were to do an "over the phone" interview with them it would be really good for the franchise.

Alright, just so I can stop talking indirectly, let me be frank.
For those of you that don't know, Bob&Tom are a comedy duo that LOVE parodies. It's basically their bread and butter. Sometimes they'll have someone posing as Larry King call them up and just do a string of jokes. Everyone that's heard the show knows what Bob and Tom sound like laughing, and I've taken several of those laughs and other things from one of their CDs. So much so that I could actually put together a radio interview with just about anyone, as long as I have them or am able to make their voice with a combination of my own and audio alterations. (I'm actually not half bad with certain voices.)

To that end, I believe I can actually remake Zork's voice (or at least as close as possible without actually being LK) and put him into a Bob&Tom interview. It would be a meeting of two great comedic genres. Now since this would be done on a video editor (iMovie I'm afraid) I would of course have the right pictures of Zork at the right times, and put in some other stuff for Bob and Tom.

Now for a few things to run passed everyone here:

1.) Is there anything specific that Zork should say in this type of situation? It would be smart of me to put together a script to map out exactly what it is I'm doing.

2.) Is there any major reason this would be a HORRIBLE idea? (I'll probably end up doing it anyway regardless, but all the same.) I would not even THINK of passing this off as my own work. Simply a parody of...well...a parody I guess. I just think it would be in good fun try something like this. Might be an interesting way of show Littlekuriboh how much we love what he does.