This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: Abridged Series Discussion

Old 07-19-2007

Has anyone ever had a moment that happened in YGO-TAS

While watching episode 8 with a group of friends we suddenly started squealing uncontrolably when Bakura made his first appearence. Thats when the "que squealing fangirls" came up and we fell over laughing "how did little kuriboh know"?
Old 07-19-2007

Lol XD
thats awesome!
Sadly however, I haven't been lucky enough to have a moment where it appeared on YGOTAS.
Old 07-19-2007

xDD Actually, the same thing happened to me. I was over my friend's house when I showed her Episode 8 and she started screaming. When the "Cue Screaming Fangirls" thing came up I started to laugh and she didn't get why until I played the segment over again.

LittleKuriboh is a GENIUS and I think he knew that there were so many Bakura fangirls that they would probably scream.
Old 07-19-2007

Oh crap! I know exactly what you're talking about...

I can't remember WHAT happened exactly, (Don't you hate it when that happens?) but it happened pretty much in the same order that you mentioned x3

P.S. I LOVE Bakura's first appearance...

Bakura+Sephiroth's theme music= Hotness on a *bleep* sandwitch with a side of smexy!!
Old 07-20-2007

lmao it happened to me once i woz with a bunch of mate and one never saw the abriged series
and he like borke the rules in a game we were playin and i said he you cant do tjhat! theres a rule agaisnt that and he said something like fuck the rules i have money!!
we all just like peed of laughter he didnt know why the hell we were laughing so much XD
Old 07-20-2007

When Panic cloaked his monsters in darkness, having just seen Yugi's favorite card being Black Mage in a prior episode, I thought "I cast Magic Missile at the darkness!"
Old 07-20-2007

When dueling my very arrogant friend, he drew his card for the turn and started spouting the usual Kaiba-esqe "HAHAHAHAOMG YOUR SCREWED, I JUST DREW THIS POWERFUL CARD, ITS GAME OVER FOR YOU MAN, HAHAHAH, YOU WANT TO BET THIS CARD DOESNT SCREW THE ENTIRE GAME FOR YOU? KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE"

I very annoyedly look at him and say "For the love of God, play the damn card already".

That, and one other firend like to yell "FINISH HIM!!!" in his best Mortal Combat voice while watching us duel.
Old 07-20-2007
General Staff

...It's not Sephiroth's theme music @_@ How many times have we explained this?
Old 07-20-2007

I've said a couple of lines by my own random thoughts as they were being said the first time I watched the episodes. My mind tends to wonder a bit when I do or watch stuff some times so I say the first things that come to my mind when no ones around. I mainly predicted lines from tristin at random thoughts. There was the episode where tea was the magician of faith and yugi like thought now why couldn't she have picked the dark magician girl thats where I stopped and said to myself as a joke mmm, dark magician girl exactly when yugi said it. I laughed so hard when that happened.
Old 07-20-2007

i was showing episode 22 to one of my freinds and when devlin and joey were talking to each other at school, she asked, "why does yugi always wear his school uniform?" then it went to the scene where theyre standing outside devlins game shop and shes all like, "oh, never mind then" so when yugi said, "isnt anyone gonna notice that im not wearing my school uniform?" we both laughed our asses off
Old 07-20-2007

Apart from everytime someone says "Hey did you see that new video on youtube" And I'll say "hehe...you said tube..." no not really =_=
Old 07-20-2007

That's funny when I say that episode on the wb for the first time and it got to that sceen I was thinking hey what happend to his school uniform. When I herd it on youtube I nearly fell over laughing because I could remember that for some reason.
Old 07-20-2007

xD well I know that a bunch of friends and I were making fun of someone who was obviously pretty busty...so the "my breasts are challenging you to a duel" is pretty close. xP
Old 07-20-2007

I actually used the super special awesome phrase by Yugi before I saw it in later episodes. I couldn't stop laughing when the phrase was finally used. X3
Old 07-20-2007

Ever since I've watched this series, I've started to finish my sentences with a catchphrase... although it's not as cool at "In America!" or "Attention Dualists!" (it's really lame - With love! *people throw old shoes at Batsu whilst passing by* ;_;)
Old 07-20-2007

Nice, that reminds me of a gay friend of mine who always said "If blah blah blah blah blah, then I'm straight". Then he saw episode 7 and laughed his YGO-TAS loving face off "If you're a ghost, then I'm straight"
Old 07-20-2007

Well... I've used Bandit Keith's "In America!" catch phrase to help me disprove evolution... if that counts for anything. XD;; Long story...