This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Off-Topic

Old 01-27-2016

Blurb: It's everyone else who is upside down
Send a message via MSN to Feball3001

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOcean View Post
My mom has taken to putting out her leftovers for the fox that killled some of her chickens. It was the hawk she really had issue with. Also my mom is a sucker.
Fox has killed most of my chickens. It doesn't seem to care about scraps. The crows on the other hand love the scraps. And the hawks like to eat the babies when I have baby chicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zairak View Post
For the first time in years, I opted to watch a video on Youtube that was not music.

As it happened, it was a joke video related to a social justice issue.

As I scrolled the comments, what should I see, but a person named grimfang999 commenting with a suspiciously familiar avatar.

I would wonder what the odds of such a thing are, but given what I remember of him, I believe said odds to be hovering around 100%.
XD I laughed at this.

Quote:
I have decided I'm going to buy one of those sleep cycle apps and actually track my sleep cycle, to see if I have non-24 or not.
I have a fitbit flex for my sleep cycle and it says I don't sleep soundly more then 20 minutes at a time and only average 2-3 hours sleep a night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animex75 View Post
we haven't done caturday in ages
<3 Caturday
Old 01-27-2016
The worst kind of worst kind

Marshmallow

http://www.twitch.tv/pianoimproman/v...93?t=02h25m48s

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSallyBakura View Post
Pretty sure this is why my sister-in-law started the diaper-changing process by putting a fresh diaper underneath before opening the new one. She learned early on that messes were guaranteed if there wasn't anything underneath to protect your surroundings from piss.

It's kind of an art. Diapers. You'll go through hundreds of them too...
Maybe Baby Grylls was thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feball3001 View Post
Fox has killed most of my chickens. It doesn't seem to care about scraps. The crows on the other hand love the scraps. And the hawks like to eat the babies when I have baby chicks.
It was raccoons for us. One by one until there were no more chickens
Old 01-27-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
It was raccoons for us. One by one until there were no more chickens
Goannas are what got my parents ducks. They don't have ducks.
Old 01-27-2016
Deputy Executive Assistant Moderator; Chimera Ant Queen; SallylamiGami; Leasee

Blurb: Happily married since 10/19/2013

Quote:
My SIL is frustrated. She wanted to do reusable diapers, but realized it was actually more expensive thanks to the California drought and water regulations. When trying to be green actually becomes less green, lol.
Omg seriously.

Also sounds like way more work honestly.

My future sister-in-law insists that she will use cloth diapers is she ever has kids and I'm like "grrl, u barely do ur own laundry"
Old 01-27-2016

Blurb: You may say I lost everything; but I still had my bedazzler.

Quote:
Goannas are what got my parents ducks. They don't have ducks.
*looks that up, unable to remember which crawling death in Australia it is* Oh yeah, that'll eat a duck.

Quote:
Omg seriously.

Also sounds like way more work honestly.

My future sister-in-law insists that she will use cloth diapers is she ever has kids and I'm like "grrl, u barely do ur own laundry"
lol this is my thought process. I want to be green, but if I ever actually get pregnant I also know I am barely able to keep my dishes washed. I wonder if there is 100% biodegradable diapers.

Also, note to self. Fucking get pregnant already.
Old 01-27-2016

I have decided that I never want to have children. I will stick to my cats and chickens and babysitting my friends kids ocassionally.

My sister was allergic to the disposable nappies. Mum mostly used cloth ones with us anyway.
Old 01-27-2016

Quote:
lol this is my thought process. I want to be green, but if I ever actually get pregnant I also know I am barely able to keep my dishes washed. I wonder if there is 100% biodegradable diapers.

Also, note to self. Fucking get pregnant already.
I mean, I know that being responsible for a small squirming human can inspire people to change their behavior out of love for the small squirming human, but... I wouldn't depend on it. XD

I wish I actually knew anything about fertility beyond having sex 1-2 days before ovulation and having a luteal phase that lasts at least 10 days so the ovulated egg can stay implanted to the uterine wall. Which is enough info for people who don't have issues. :( Hang in there though, if you ovulate you can have kids.

Quote:
I have decided that I never want to have children. I will stick to my cats and chickens and babysitting my friends kids ocassionally.

My sister was allergic to the disposable nappies. Mum mostly used cloth ones with us anyway.
Having kids is a totally personal decision and not everyone has to have them in order to populate the earth. But a lot of people are saying that they never want children and it makes me wonder what is so awful about them. I mean yeah kids are little shits. But it's temporary, and if people treated them well enough they would grow up to be adults who can change the world and make it a better place. But all people seem to focus on is the mess, the screaming, the toys all over the living room, and the endless soccer practices. At least, that's what I keep reading about. Children are treated as a commodity nowadays and for many people it's a competition to have the "most successful" kid or it's an inconvenience to have kids because they get in the way of your own success... I dunno, I've just been thinking about this a lot and it's hard to find an outlet for it. I do want kids but I don't want to go in having kids thinking that all my dreams will come true or that none of my dreams will come true, know what I mean.

I think my mom used cloth diapers until my youngest brother. She used the cloth because my parents had no money. She stopped caring about that when she realized how much easier disposables were.
Old 01-27-2016

Quote:
I mean, I know that being responsible for a small squirming human can inspire people to change their behavior out of love for the small squirming human, but... I wouldn't depend on it. XD

I wish I actually knew anything about fertility beyond having sex 1-2 days before ovulation and having a luteal phase that lasts at least 10 days so the ovulated egg can stay implanted to the uterine wall. Which is enough info for people who don't have issues. :( Hang in there though, if you ovulate you can have kids.

Having kids is a totally personal decision and not everyone has to have them in order to populate the earth. But a lot of people are saying that they never want children and it makes me wonder what is so awful about them. I mean yeah kids are little shits. But it's temporary, and if people treated them well enough they would grow up to be adults who can change the world and make it a better place. But all people seem to focus on is the mess, the screaming, the toys all over the living room, and the endless soccer practices. At least, that's what I keep reading about. Children are treated as a commodity nowadays and for many people it's a competition to have the "most successful" kid or it's an inconvenience to have kids because they get in the way of your own success... I dunno, I've just been thinking about this a lot and it's hard to find an outlet for it. I do want kids but I don't want to go in having kids thinking that all my dreams will come true or that none of my dreams will come true, know what I mean.

I think my mom used cloth diapers until my youngest brother. She used the cloth because my parents had no money. She stopped caring about that when she realized how much easier disposables were.
It is a matter of money at this point, wherein insurance doesn't cover things, and since they don't I have to wait till we can afford it. Which is the way life with kids is even when you do have them...

and yeah my mom used cloth diapers for us cause they were poor too.

Hey Fee, you do your thing. I didn't want a kid most of my adult life because I'd be a welfare mom that couldn't help them ever because my own problems were too much, I just happened to change my mind because my marriage got infinitely better and my mental issues are mostly under control. That said, I don't think anyone should feel pushed to have a kid. I think it is rude for other people to push people into having a kid, and let me tell you grandmas wanting to be grandmas can get real fucking old.
Old 01-27-2016
Waiting for Tweek to come and play

Blurb: GLF
Cobra4
Send a message via MSN to l3o2828 Send a message via Skype™ to l3o2828

Quote:
I have decided that I never want to have children. I will stick to my cats (snip)
Same here!
I'll have children the day that all of my best friends decide to. And serves me just as well, because it seems none of them will have children ever. mwahaha perfect plan!

Besides who the FUCK wants to see little Leos running around. NO ONE that is.

[ Also I need a partner to have kids and I'm not going to raise them alone. And I've already given up on ever being loved by anyone romantically, so yeah. ]

Last edited by l3o2828; 01-27-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-27-2016

Cobra4

What's with the Shyamalan close up?
Old 01-27-2016

Quote:
It is a matter of money at this point, wherein insurance doesn't cover things, and since they don't I have to wait till we can afford it. Which is the way life with kids is even when you do have them...

and yeah my mom used cloth diapers for us cause they were poor too.

Hey Fee, you do your thing. I didn't want a kid most of my adult life because I'd be a welfare mom that couldn't help them ever because my own problems were too much, I just happened to change my mind because my marriage got infinitely better and my mental issues are mostly under control. That said, I don't think anyone should feel pushed to have a kid. I think it is rude for other people to push people into having a kid, and let me tell you grandmas wanting to be grandmas can get real fucking old.
Money is the worst sometimes. If I get pregnant we'll have to figure out how I can keep working because until hubby finishes school and gets a nice IT job, one income ain't gonna cut it. And even then it still might not. Student loans and all that other nonsense.

Thing about cloth diapers now is that they are such a heavy expense up front. Were they that expensive in the 80's? I feel like they upped the price because they need to upmark everything that has to do with babies the same way they upmark everything that has to do with weddings.

I do agree that no one should ever be pushed into having children, ever. If anyone changes their mind, it isn't because anyone pushed them into it. Having kids is hard work and it shouldn't be taken lightly. I've heard that people say they want kids because they think it'll make them happier? Eh, that's not quite how it works.......

I guess there's people who also pressure people into having more kids? Or who think that women are only valuable if they have children? It's bizzare to me that there's people who give that kind of pressure. Usually it's the opposite where I'm from. "Wow they're so close in age!" "Are you done yet?" "Are they all yours?" "Do they all have the same dad?" "Are they adopted?" "Did you have twins on purpose?" "Why are you having another, isn't one enough?" "You're HOW old?" Etc....... I mean there are a few people who are nosy and ask when people who don't have kids yet are gonna have kids... but it's not as bad as I thought it was gonna be.
Old 01-28-2016
The worst kind of worst kind

Marshmallow

Old 01-28-2016
Always niggling about his title and May birthdays

Blurb: Some blurbs just like to watch the world burn
Send a message via MSN to biggles1 Send a message via Yahoo to biggles1 Send a message via Skype™ to biggles1

I can relate to that.
Old 01-28-2016
Definitely Kim Jong Un

Blurb: PSN: animex75b Switch: SW-5941-0272-2331
Send a message via Skype™ to animex75

who can't?
Old 01-28-2016
Always niggling about his title and May birthdays

Blurb: Some blurbs just like to watch the world burn
Send a message via MSN to biggles1 Send a message via Yahoo to biggles1 Send a message via Skype™ to biggles1

Diabetic people
Old 01-28-2016
Definitely Kim Jong Un

just give them American chocolate, it's all artificial sweeteners here these days
Old 01-28-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by animex75 View Post
just give them American chocolate, it's all artificial sweeteners here these days

Ha.ha.hahhahhaahahahahahahahahah.

You know nothing, summer child.

(Wait till you're married to a diabetic and constantly guilt tripped.)
Old 01-28-2016

Quote:
Having kids is a totally personal decision and not everyone has to have them in order to populate the earth. But a lot of people are saying that they never want children and it makes me wonder what is so awful about them. I mean yeah kids are little shits. But it's temporary, and if people treated them well enough they would grow up to be adults who can change the world and make it a better place. But all people seem to focus on is the mess, the screaming, the toys all over the living room, and the endless soccer practices.

Quote:

For me personally it's not about the screaming and the mess or the finances. I'd be able to afford a child if I had one or two despite the fact I am single. I own my own home and car and have a stable job, so any children I have would end up in daycare. I have no plans of ever getting married either. The person would have to be very very special for me to even consider changing my mind. I always get told I am good with children when I babysit, but I still don't think they are for me :) Plus I hate being touched all the time and my friends daughter always wants to cuddle me when I visit and it drives me up the wall.

Good luck Ocean =) Hope that everything goes well for you.
Old 01-28-2016

Quote:
For me personally it's not about the screaming and the mess or the finances. I'd be able to afford a child if I had one or two despite the fact I am single. I own my own home and car and have a stable job, so any children I have would end up in daycare. I have no plans of ever getting married either. The person would have to be very very special for me to even consider changing my mind. I always get told I am good with children when I babysit, but I still don't think they are for me :) Plus I hate being touched all the time and my friends daughter always wants to cuddle me when I visit and it drives me up the wall.

Today I learned I want to be Fee when I grow up. :P
Old 01-28-2016
Definitely Kim Jong Un

Quote:
I hate being touched all the time
you and me both...good way to gauge if i like you or not is if i don't mind you touching me (and that's a short list consisting of babies, animals, baby animals, and my girlfriend)
Old 01-28-2016

Quote:

If you got married I would hope it would be because that person ended up being very special. No reason to commit yourself to someone who you feel so-so about after all. Life's too short to waste it with people who aren't worth our time.

I feel you on the touching thing though. I mean I'm OK with it most of the time, but I'm not always comfortable, and I definitely have a threshold. I know some people who can't even stand to hug their own friends though. I have one friend who just does not like hugs, period. Which, I never really understood because all my family likes hugs... but I guess it just makes people's skin crawl.
Old 01-28-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornZombie View Post
Thanks, now I'm back in 2002.
Old 01-29-2016

Cobra4

Oh boy those two hours I managed of sleep were NOT enough. I'm here suffering at work and my head just isn't right and people have commented on how pale I am.
Old 01-29-2016

Lol Leo, you and I are having the same problem. 2 hours of constantly interrupted sleep here, I look horrible, and I'm desperately trying to stay awake. Today sucks.
Old 01-29-2016

Cobra4

*hugs*
Old 01-29-2016

*hugs back, gives a pinch*

The good news is that it is actually warm out today.
Old 01-29-2016

I was stuggling to stay awake yesterday despite the fact I got 12 hours sleep. I think I last better on only a couple hours sleep. All my sleep is interupted, it is extremly rare that I sleep through a whole night without waking up.

How are you today Ocean?
Old 01-29-2016

Chasng caffeine with sprite and questioning my life choices, as usual. I went to an anthropology lecture last night. Was informative as the professor who gave it is one of the expert/most prolific anthropologists in paleolithic anthropology. His old man humor where he blew off almost every other person who had theories on the red lady was amusing.waiting to hear back for permission to put the lecture online, as I filmed it all with my tablet.

Also loopy. You?
Old 01-29-2016

I'm good, bit hot. Trying to get all my cleaning done before it heats up to much.
Old 01-29-2016

I wish it was hot up here. But we're gonna get lots of snow next week. :(