This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: Abridged Series Discussion

Old 11-21-2013
Baby Panda

Blurb: Firmly grasp it in your hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marik-is-King View Post
kronus you should be glad someone actually makes these videos and stop complaining when they don't live up to your expectations. Some people liked the episode, some didn't, leave it at that
ditto!
Old 11-22-2013

Send a message via Skype™ to Kronus

ō.o
what makes you think I wasn't glad? or even that I didn't like it? why are you imputing that to me? all I said was there is something to complain about. that's because it exists. nothing is ultimately perfect and everyone has a different taste. even when you like it on the whole, nothing is perfect. and so you give feedback. when someone has nothing he would improve, he wasn't paying attention. that doesn't mean I am not glad ._. I was only giving feedback.
may I ask why this threat even exists when nobody is allowed to say his opinion? are we all just supposed to say "thank you, you make 100% flawless perfect products that can't possibly improved any further" and then fall silent??
all I said was that someone who doesn't have feedback obviously didn't pay attention and you start imputing I wasn't grateful. thank you very much -.-
Old 11-22-2013

After reading the entire thread, I have mixed feelings. While I hardly thought this was the best episode, the Joey/Kaiba argument didn't seem entirely out of place. Granted, this is more of an "abridged" interpretation of their relationship.

While I would like to eventually see the two of them begrudgingly respect each other, Kaiba at least, needs the sense there is someone he can always win against. Unfortunately, they will never be friends until they work out their own personal issues. I would like to see more between them than barbs, but I wonder if anyone really expected otherwise. That said, I can see how it went too far.
Old 11-23-2013

well, the way I look at it, these Episode had aspects people liked and aspects people disliked and everyone liked something else. some liked the *cough*immature*cough* jokes about Marik's jiggling boobs, others disliked that the entire plot of those episodes was throne into the rubbish bin just to make a joke about Kaiba's ftk, that never took place.
sure, okay, like what you like. but please people, why mustn't we talk? why is it always this bloody "you should be glad he made it at all"?? why is it suddenly forbidden to criticise? it always makes me sad to look at this threat. wherever I look, discussions and opinions are suppressed, nobody is aloud to say anything. does that really have to be that way? why can't we just discuss what we liked and disliked? why is critic prohibited?
Old 11-23-2013

Wait... did my post make you sad? I thought I expressed my opinion in a civil, open way.
Old 11-23-2013

no, not yours. yours was good. I just don't like this threat on the whole.
Old 11-23-2013
Baby Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronus View Post
no, not yours. yours was good. I just don't like this threat on the whole.
I was never threatening anything, I stated my opinion about your opinion, there was nothing threatening about it. I'm sorry if you thought it was
Old 11-23-2013

sorry, my mistake. I meant thread, not threat
Old 11-23-2013
Baby Panda

lol, ok then
Old 11-23-2013

jes, mai Inglisch is väri ohful.
Old 11-23-2013
Baby Panda

XD
Old 11-23-2013

^^
you should let google translator read it for you.
Old 11-24-2013

After reading through this thread I have come to the conclusion that people take the parody of a children's show waaaaaaaay too seriously.

I loved that verbal beatdown that Kaiba laid out at the end. That was the best part of the episode. All of the characters reactions were fitting, and I don't recall Kaiba going all sunshine and bunnies, like how people seem to want him to be, in that episode at all. When has this series ever been about legitimate character development or card gaem skillz? Kaiba basically said what he said in the real episode (I am not your friend) except in an over the top way, which is what the series has always been about.

And you are upset because the boob jokes are immature?! How have you watched this series up to this point?! You consider that immature, but you don't consider Tristan's characterization immature? For reals? You people are just, I don't know, not rational at all.

And Koiba's use of Joey's alocoholism makes sense, since the root of the jokes against Koiba have been rooted in his family issues. It would make sense that he would want to get even by using the same type of jokes.

Still, at the end of the day, it's a light hearted parody of a children's show. No need to get all sad.
Old 11-24-2013

urm, children's show? you consider a show where people kill each other after every card game a children's show?
anyway, I am not sad about the parody. about that, I am only disappointed. and no, that doesn't mean I am forcing LK to do it the way I want and no other way! it only means I didn't like it. The part that makes me said is how people were treating each other here from the very beginning.

what I always liked about this series where the moments, where the original series was retold, but in a way that shows all the logical flaws. for example "somehow playing a children's card game caused me to become severely injured." or "but then you exploded again. you really need to stop dong that". all the made up stuff that has no connection to the real series was never funny, neither "did you just summon a bunch of monsters in one turn" nor saying the whole duel took place in one turn. "so you took control of a teenage girl to defeat the ultimate evil" was hilarious, as well as "think of all the stomach revealing shirts I am never going to wear" those were more or less build on the original characters. Marik not liking "being inside women" also was quite good, because it can be assumed to be true in the original as well.
Tristan: I just gave up hope on ever seeing him being treated with respect.
Marik with boobs: that was just a wasted chance. so much could have been made of this, but instead it was wasted for "I am not wearing a bra"

so as a summery: I like the parts where the jokes are build on the original series and I dislike the jokes, where something is just made up out of no where.
Old 11-24-2013

Yeah... I made my attempt to have a civil discussion. I'm done with this thread.
Old 11-24-2013

Kill people? Not in the version that I watched, and not in the version that LK is making a parody of. If you hadn't noticed, he's making fun for the 4kids version.

4kids

4 kids

for kids

kids

children.

And what more could've been made of the Marik being in a woman's body. "Ohhhh, I've always wanted to be a woman, lolz." That's as obvious as the boob jokes man. Also, it's an abridged series. Did you really want LK to draw out the episode for another 2 minutes in the first episode so that he could properly represent the duel? Did you seriously want him to cover serious character development in a parody?

Would've it really been funny if at the end of the episode Kaiba said "Gee Wheeler, I really respect you." No. No it wouldn't have.
Old 11-24-2013

I expect him to do what he likes the best. but that doesn't mean I like it the best too. I would like it if there was actually a character development and I would have also liked a "gee wheeler, playing a card game with you made me respect your personality for some reason" or something like that.

as for Marik: it was wasted that his boobs were sooo important. the "you took control of a helpless girl" was good, but everything else was always that he wasn't wearing a bra and nothing more.

Last edited by Kronus; 11-24-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-24-2013
Baby Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverendingCardGames View Post
Also, it's an abridged series. Did you really want LK to draw out the episode for another 2 minutes in the first episode so that he could properly represent the duel? Did you seriously want him to cover serious character development in a parody?

Would've it really been funny if at the end of the episode Kaiba said "Gee Wheeler, I really respect you." No. No it wouldn't have.
I agree with that!
Old 11-24-2013

Blurb: A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. So is a lot.

Considering Marik's admitted to being extremely girly I'd be surprised if he wasn't happy to be in a girl's body. Pff