This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  
 
HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Music



Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-07-2009
Takumithebest Takumithebest is offline
Banned
 
Location: With your mom
Posts: 118
Default Rap?

What do yall think about it. :)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-07-2009
DarthWario's Avatar
DarthWario DarthWario is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: On a mobile warship called the British Isles. Bet you thought it was a country, eh?
Blurb: I talk to myself a lot. Sometimes it's the only way to get intelligent conversation.
Posts: 12,675
Default

I can see the appeal and the backround to the genre, but I still prefer rock and its multiple variations.

Just for the variety of choice and long back catalogue.

Still, I never got over Eminem...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-07-2009
Takumithebest Takumithebest is offline
Banned
 
Location: With your mom
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthWario View Post
I can see the appeal and the backround to the genre, but I still prefer rock and its multiple variations.

Just for the variety of choice and long back catalogue.

Still, I never got over Eminem...
I never liked him
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-07-2009
Titan50's Avatar
Titan50 Titan50 is offline
 
Location: My mother's womb
Posts: 884
Default

Eminem and Beastie Boys
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-07-2009
onidragon's Avatar
onidragon onidragon is offline
 
Gender: IT'S A TRAP!
Location: Magic!
Blurb: I'm having an adequate time.
Posts: 627
Default

Not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. If it's not taken too seriously it's pretty funny. The only "serious" rap album I liked(i.e., it takes itself seriously) was NWA's "Straight outta Compton". I also like RunDMC, Snoop Dogg, and the Beasties.
I also admire "NerdCore."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-10-2009
Takumithebest Takumithebest is offline
Banned
 
Location: With your mom
Posts: 118
Default

Run DMC is awesome
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-10-2009
speedlolita speedlolita is offline
 
Posts: 133
Default

Damn man, make a thread about eurobeat.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-10-2009
DannyLilithborne's Avatar
DannyLilithborne DannyLilithborne is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: Chateau Aensland
Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!
Posts: 1,476
Default

Some is good, most is bad. Like, um, gee, every other genre. x_x
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-11-2009
grimfang999's Avatar
grimfang999 grimfang999 is offline
Sex-Administrator
 
Gender: Neither
Location: This is where I live
Blurb: This is a Blurb
Posts: 9,868
Default

like onidragon said, i find urban is only good when its funny

like that untill i got high song, lol
or if its eminem

im more on the opposite extreme, metal, and spread over to country and techno slightly
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-11-2009
Takumithebest Takumithebest is offline
Banned
 
Location: With your mom
Posts: 118
Default

I call meal taradactal music you no that old dinosuare
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-11-2009
grimfang999's Avatar
grimfang999 grimfang999 is offline
Sex-Administrator
 
Gender: Neither
Location: This is where I live
Blurb: This is a Blurb
Posts: 9,868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumithebest View Post
I call meal taradactal music you no that old dinosuare
any reason?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-11-2009
Takumithebest Takumithebest is offline
Banned
 
Location: With your mom
Posts: 118
Default

The scream to much and they sound like that dinosaur
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-11-2009
grimfang999's Avatar
grimfang999 grimfang999 is offline
Sex-Administrator
 
Gender: Neither
Location: This is where I live
Blurb: This is a Blurb
Posts: 9,868
Default

well you are only looking a the stereotypical metal, such as slayer, there are many types of metal, sympthonic and power metal have no screaming, and are just heavy and soft at the same time, my example of this is dragonforce or nightwish.
then theres metallica, they dont exactly shout, linken park is nu metal, matter of fact there are 28 different genres of metal alone, and in the rock catagory since metal is a part of that area there are even more
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-11-2009
DannyLilithborne's Avatar
DannyLilithborne DannyLilithborne is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: Chateau Aensland
Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!
Posts: 1,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumithebest View Post
I call meal taradactal music you no that old dinosuare
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-12-2009
Chidori's Avatar
Chidori Chidori is offline
 
Location: England.
Posts: 756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimfang999 View Post
well you are only looking a the stereotypical metal, such as slayer.....matter of fact there are 28 different genres of metal alone
Slayer don't scream... they shout. Also, there are a hell of a lot more than 28 metal genres out there, it's completely limitless.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-12-2009
grimfang999's Avatar
grimfang999 grimfang999 is offline
Sex-Administrator
 
Gender: Neither
Location: This is where I live
Blurb: This is a Blurb
Posts: 9,868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidori View Post
Slayer don't scream... they shout. Also, there are a hell of a lot more than 28 metal genres out there, it's completely limitless.
i know that, well slayer do scream sometimes, ok maybe ACDC are a better example, but they are awesome, and im just saying that there are (actually theres 26) different types of metal genres so far, not that bands have to be in those genres, just like SOAD cannot be put in any one genre
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-13-2009
Titan50's Avatar
Titan50 Titan50 is offline
 
Location: My mother's womb
Posts: 884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimfang999 View Post
ACDC are a better example, but they are awesome
lulwut
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-13-2009
grimfang999's Avatar
grimfang999 grimfang999 is offline
Sex-Administrator
 
Gender: Neither
Location: This is where I live
Blurb: This is a Blurb
Posts: 9,868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan50 View Post
lulwut
you dont know ACDC?!
highway to hell?
back in black?!

anyways, here something both metalheads and rappers enjoy
rap metal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gw3JeZ2VwE
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-13-2009
Chidori's Avatar
Chidori Chidori is offline
 
Location: England.
Posts: 756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimfang999 View Post
(actually theres 26) different types of metal genres so far
Seriously, it's limitless. Who told you this crap?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-13-2009
Ham's Avatar
Ham Ham is offline
 
Posts: 7
Default

Akon and Lil Wayne should probably be mentioned here i guess...
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-13-2009
grimfang999's Avatar
grimfang999 grimfang999 is offline
Sex-Administrator
 
Gender: Neither
Location: This is where I live
Blurb: This is a Blurb
Posts: 9,868
Default

-_- you really need to read the rest of the paragraph before you complain, seriously its like interupting someone accusing them of something before they can explain why it was or wasnt their fault, which is really frustrating.

i said there are 26 different singular metal types OFFICIALLY formed, not it was limited. if you actually read the rest, i went on to say they dont have to belong in any one genre, and can belong to multiple, or a new type altogether, thus making it limitless as you say
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-13-2009
Chidori's Avatar
Chidori Chidori is offline
 
Location: England.
Posts: 756
Default

I did read everything else you said, and took that into account when saying what I did. Yeah you said something doesn't have to fit into a genre but you bluntly stated there are only 26 genres and then contradicted yourself by saying they don't have to fit into one of them making them genreless which is impossible. Also there's no such thing as an 'officially formed genre.' Just because Wikipedia only has 26 genres listed on its metal page, which is where i asume you are getting your 'facts' from doesn't mean that's all there is and no it doesn't at all make them 'official'.

SOAD by the way are pretty much just alternative metal, they hardly do anything at all to step out of that tag.

But alas at least you get what I mean now. factor in sub genres and fusion genres and self proclaimed genres like pirate metal and sid metal and yes it's completely limitless and all of these genres and just as 'official' as one another. Some are just more popular than others and gain ore recognition.

Anyhoo as far as rap goes, i tend to go for the more underground stuff as I have said it previous threads. Sage Francis, jedi Mind Tricks, Atmosphere, cLOUDEAD etc etc

Last edited by Chidori; 02-13-2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: typoo
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-13-2009
grimfang999's Avatar
grimfang999 grimfang999 is offline
Sex-Administrator
 
Gender: Neither
Location: This is where I live
Blurb: This is a Blurb
Posts: 9,868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidori View Post
I did read everything else you said, and took that into account when saying what I did. Yeah you said something doesn't have to fit into a genre but you bluntly stated there are only 26 genres and then contradicted yourself by saying they don't have to fit into one of them making them genreless which is impossible. Also there's no such thing as an 'officially formed genre.' Just because Wikipedia only has 26 genres listed on its metal page, which is where i asume you are getting your 'facts' from doesn't mean that's all there is and no it doesn't at all make them 'official'.

SOAD by the way are pretty much just alternative metal, they hardly do anything at all to step out of that tag.

But alas at least you get what I mean now. factor in sub genres and fusion genres and self proclaimed genres like pirate metal and sid metal and yes it's completely limitless and all of these genres and just as 'official' as one another. Some are just more popular than others and gain ore recognition.

Anyhoo as far as rap goes, i tend to go for the more underground stuff as I have said it previous threads. Sage Francis, jedi Mind Tricks, Atmosphere, cLOUDEAD etc etc
ok we will conclude that argument there, since we are both right in our own ways and they come together correctly in the terms of fusing genres
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-13-2009
Chidori's Avatar
Chidori Chidori is offline
 
Location: England.
Posts: 756
Default

mkay
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-14-2009
Titan50's Avatar
Titan50 Titan50 is offline
 
Location: My mother's womb
Posts: 884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimfang999 View Post
you dont know ACDC?!
highway to hell?
back in black?!

anyways, here something both metalheads and rappers enjoy
rap metal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gw3JeZ2VwE
I was loling at the fact you thought AC/DC were actually good
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-14-2009
grimfang999's Avatar
grimfang999 grimfang999 is offline
Sex-Administrator
 
Gender: Neither
Location: This is where I live
Blurb: This is a Blurb
Posts: 9,868
Default

i take offense D:<

well this is the wrong place anyways
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-14-2009
Titan50's Avatar
Titan50 Titan50 is offline
 
Location: My mother's womb
Posts: 884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimfang999 View Post
i take offense D:<

well this is the wrong place anyways
In the space of over thirty hears they've only ever recorded one song
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-14-2009
grimfang999's Avatar
grimfang999 grimfang999 is offline
Sex-Administrator
 
Gender: Neither
Location: This is where I live
Blurb: This is a Blurb
Posts: 9,868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan50 View Post
In the space of over thirty hears they've only ever recorded one song
you say back in black, highway to hell, and hells bells are all one song? amoung their other album songs?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-14-2009
Titan50's Avatar
Titan50 Titan50 is offline
 
Location: My mother's womb
Posts: 884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimfang999 View Post
you say back in black, highway to hell, and hells bells are all one song? amoung their other album songs?
Yes because they sound the same. IRONY LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOL
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-14-2009
Chidori's Avatar
Chidori Chidori is offline
 
Location: England.
Posts: 756
Default

AC/DC may sound crazily samey most of the time but they are still definitly good. They are one of the most influencial bands in the world and without them many of your favourate bands wouldn't be here. That is for certain. Their music is great for those learning to play guitar as they arn't incredibly challenging and they're pretty fun to play and even though yeah it all sounds the same.... It's allowed to because it's always stupidly catchy and well... they're AC/DC and that's what they doooo!

Last edited by Chidori; 02-15-2009 at 12:33 PM. Reason: typoo
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Yu-Gi-Oh is the property of Konami and Kazuki Takahashi. We are only a parody, we are not breaking any laws nor intend to. See our disclaimer and terms of use. You can also contact us. Maybe you even want to read our about us page. Smileys by David Lanham. Hosted by Cthulhu.... Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.