This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  
 
HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Anime/Manga



View Poll Results: What is better?
The Manga 29 34.94%
The Anime 24 28.92%
Indifferent 30 36.14%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 07-21-2009
DannyLilithborne's Avatar
DannyLilithborne DannyLilithborne is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: Chateau Aensland
Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!
Posts: 1,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarcher View Post
Inappropriate.
As compared to his blatantly condescending sarcasm which is A-OK?

If you're gonna be consistent, you should delete Fat1Fared's post, too, or I'm just gonna keep replying to him with the same thing.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 07-21-2009
darkarcher's Avatar
darkarcher darkarcher is offline
BANNEDARCHER!
 
Gender: Unknown
Location: From the United Kingdom I'm looking for him. I'm going to California~
Blurb: Fool!
Posts: 22,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLilithborne View Post
As compared to his blatantly condescending sarcasm which is A-OK?

If you're gonna be consistent, you should delete Fat1Fared's post, too, or I'm just gonna keep replying to him with the same thing.
Okay, if you feel like your opinion isn't being respected then say so before cussing them out and calling them an idiot.

@ Fared: Okay, it's become a complaint now so please cut down on the sarcasm.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 07-22-2009
Turtlicious's Avatar
Turtlicious Turtlicious is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Posts: 10,309
Marshmallow
Default

HMM

maybe we could have real opinions without blatant flaming

sarcasm is humorous flaming is retarded sorry delete if I'm just starting sh!t

and no there's a difference between cowardice and intelligence knowing you are gonna die means you'd have to be pretty damn stupid to go out and say HEY EVERYONE IM KIRA BUT PROMISE YOU WONT ARREST ME!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-22-2009
DannyLilithborne's Avatar
DannyLilithborne DannyLilithborne is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: Chateau Aensland
Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!
Posts: 1,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlicious View Post
and no there's a difference between cowardice and intelligence knowing you are gonna die means you'd have to be pretty damn stupid to go out and say HEY EVERYONE IM KIRA BUT PROMISE YOU WONT ARREST ME!
I think Light proved he was a coward when he tried to talk his way out of being 100% confirmed that he was Kira and, when unable to do so, tried to say that the world was better with Kira alive so they shouldn't bring him in to justice.

Honestly, I wanted Matsuda to kill him, although I know he'd regret it for the rest of his life.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-23-2009
Turtlicious's Avatar
Turtlicious Turtlicious is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Posts: 10,309
Marshmallow
Default

I think that was a ploy a brilliant ploy that would have won the proverbial chess match
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-23-2009
DannyLilithborne's Avatar
DannyLilithborne DannyLilithborne is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: Chateau Aensland
Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!
Posts: 1,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlicious View Post
I think that was a ploy a brilliant ploy that would have won the proverbial chess match
Chess games won with bluffs are Pyrrhic victories.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 07-28-2009
VampireLemons's Avatar
VampireLemons VampireLemons is offline
 
Gender: Yaoi-Fangirl
Location: That box in your closet who watches you at night while you're fapping.
Posts: 102
Default

Light was a coward, in a lot of ways. Pretty damn bold to sit there and think he could be god and bring about peace single handedly, but still a coward to hide behind other faces, and when it came down to the end and he knew he'd lost.

Either way, I'm not sure if I like the anime or manga ending better. (>>I liked seeing L at the end again, but the ending was more blunt and less dramatic in the manga.)
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07-28-2009
animex75's Avatar
animex75 animex75 is offline
Definitely Kim Jong Un
 
Gender: MEN ARE PIGS
Location: Potentially North Korea
Blurb: PSN: animex75b Switch: SW-5941-0272-2331
Posts: 84,214,683,184.72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireLemons View Post
Light was a coward, in a lot of ways. Pretty damn bold to sit there and think he could be god and bring about peace single handedly, but still a coward to hide behind other faces, and when it came down to the end and he knew he'd lost.

Either way, I'm not sure if I like the anime or manga ending better. (>>I liked seeing L at the end again, but the ending was more blunt and less dramatic in the manga.)
i, personally, liked teh manga's ending better cuz the mental breakdown-Light had obviously been close in either of the endings, but the anime's didnt hav a breakdown, it had him run away instead of begging Ryuk to kill (2 bad he didnt say them)
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-28-2009
Turtlicious's Avatar
Turtlicious Turtlicious is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Posts: 10,309
Marshmallow
Default

I don't know I honestly believe lght was the good guy even if he did do it in a manipulative way he was Lawful Evil doing the right thing at any cost. If death note was real I'd probably be a kira worshipper
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 07-28-2009
Fat1Fared's Avatar
Fat1Fared Fat1Fared is offline
Chumba Wumba
 
Gender: Male
Location: The Ministry of Evil
Blurb: What is a blurb?
Posts: 9,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLilithborne View Post
I took you off ignore for this one post, so I am going to ignore your sarcasm and believe you are really respecting my opinion.

You are wrong. The fact that Light doesn't throw himself into danger is EXACTLY what makes him a coward. If you're going to say L is a coward for that reason... he FUCKING SHOWED HIS FACE FOR THE FIRST TIME for this case.

This part removed for blatant flames.
Danni, the reason I took mick out of you, is simple, your kind of person who thinks opinion is fact, and I find poeple who think that, funny and annoying at same time, aspecially when they are so self-rightous they believe they have right to call someone else evil for liking a character in a book:-

So you think the only ones who are brave, are those who throw themselves into danger needlessly, well that is foolish in my opinion, (remember those are poeple who normally get others killed or in danger, IE mountian climbers, who go on mountians not ready for, meaning rescuers have to risk thier lives to save them)

to be brave is where do something which faces your fears no matter how big or small,) in best way can, like holy once said, If I go into a shopping centre and shoot 6 poeple, then run head first at a line of armed police, am I brave:-Not my opinion, stupid and insane, maybe, but never brave

Light did something dangerous and isn't a coward for trying limit that danger, he is merely doing smart thing
=Now if Light had had done what he saw as wrong thing, because of fear, then he was coward, but in end, he did what he saw as right thing, in the way which was most likely to have best results for him and his beliefs, if that is what coward is, then everyone but those who try to get themselves into bad/overly dangerous positions, are cowards

Last edited by Fat1Fared; 07-28-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 07-28-2009
roxasabridged's Avatar
roxasabridged roxasabridged is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland, land of the Awesome.
Posts: 2,027
Send a message via MSN to roxasabridged
Default

Light was a coward? If he didn't do what he did, he would have lost long ago. He was intelligent, and used his intelligence to hide his Kira side from L, right under his nose. If he boldly claimed he was Kira, he would have been screwed. Writing a name takes a bit longer than shooting or tackling someone, so he couldn't exactly kill everyone against him on the spot. Plus he wouldn't know everyone's names in the long run.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 07-28-2009
Turtlicious's Avatar
Turtlicious Turtlicious is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Posts: 10,309
Marshmallow
Default

UNLESS HE GOT TEH EYES

HE ALSO HAD HIS WORSHIPPERS IT WOULD BE A WAR

UNTRAINED FANGIRLS VERSUS TRAINED SOLDIERS
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 07-28-2009
WeirdSmells's Avatar
WeirdSmells WeirdSmells is offline
winrar
 
Gender: Hideyoshi
Location: Tucson, Arizona, where dreams catch on fire
Blurb: Certified Optimist.
Posts: 18,066
Default

Light did exactly what L did except admit his identity because, well, if he did that he would've died. Unlike L who can hide behind no one knowing his name, Light would be shot on the spot because you don't need any extra information to shoot someone.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 07-28-2009
animex75's Avatar
animex75 animex75 is offline
Definitely Kim Jong Un
 
Gender: MEN ARE PIGS
Location: Potentially North Korea
Blurb: PSN: animex75b Switch: SW-5941-0272-2331
Posts: 84,214,683,184.72
Default

i.e. being a coward=smart on his part
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 07-28-2009
DannyLilithborne's Avatar
DannyLilithborne DannyLilithborne is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: Chateau Aensland
Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!
Posts: 1,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat1Fared View Post
Danni, the reason I took mick out of you, is simple, your kind of person who thinks opinion is fact, and I find poeple who think that, funny and annoying at same time, aspecially when they are so self-rightous they believe they have right to call someone else evil for liking a character in a book:-
It's ironic that you say that, especially considering I never once said that my opinion was absolute fact. Only God can do that kind of thing; it is not in my power to do so. Although I hold my own opinion in high regard, you're free to disagree. I'll just think you're wrong.

You're calling me dumb for having a strong opinion about a character in a book, but here you are getting upset about how I feel about Light. And if you are annoyed by me, then you are playing right into my hands. Don't be annoyed.

Quote:
So you think the only ones who are brave, are those who throw themselves into danger needlessly, well that is foolish in my opinion, (remember those are poeple who normally get others killed or in danger, IE mountian climbers, who go on mountians not ready for, meaning rescuers have to risk thier lives to save them)
I never said that. Throwing yourself into danger needlessly is stupid, too. But on the other hand, that is exactly what Light did when he started to use the Death Note to eliminate criminals, and he knew it.

Quote:
to be brave is where do something which faces your fears no matter how big or small,) in best way can, like holy once said, If I go into a shopping centre and shoot 6 poeple, then run head first at a line of armed police, am I brave:-Not my opinion, stupid and insane, maybe, but never brave
The person who goes into a shopping center and kills six people is acting out of fear. He is either doing something he thinks is good in his eyes (eliminating all the complacent sheeple, perhaps?) or he's trying to achieve suicide-by-cop (more common than you think). To believe he is merely insane is to separate yourself from him and therefore doom yourself to never understand this behavior, and it will happen again.

Quote:
Light did something dangerous and isn't a coward for trying limit that danger, he is merely doing smart thing
=Now if Light had had done what he saw as wrong thing, because of fear, then he was coward, but in end, he did what he saw as right thing, in the way which was most likely to have best results for him and his beliefs, if that is what coward is, then everyone but those who try to get themselves into bad/overly dangerous positions, are cowards
Light knew he was doing wrong, and said so. "I knew killing people was against the law, but something had to be done." He made a game out of hiding from lawful justice as early as episode 2, and trying to hide yourself from consequences is the very definition of cowardice. When he was caught and had no way out, he resorted to bluffing, and when that didn't work, he tried to manipulate Matsuda's sense of justice against him, which quite literally backfired. (I don't know if this happened in the manga. If that's what you're talking about, I apologize; I simply do not have the energy to read the manga right now, due to illness.)

Again, while I think you are 100% wrong in your defense of Light, and speak harshly at you because of that, you are holding yourself back by getting annoyed at me. If you seriously want to play this game, you should stop being irritated and consider the truth ? my opinions, as strong as I express them, are not fact and I've never considered them as such, so you're getting angry at a person that does not exist.

I will respond to other people in the next post.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 07-28-2009
DannyLilithborne's Avatar
DannyLilithborne DannyLilithborne is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: Chateau Aensland
Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!
Posts: 1,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxasabridged View Post
Light was a coward? If he didn't do what he did, he would have lost long ago. He was intelligent, and used his intelligence to hide his Kira side from L, right under his nose. If he boldly claimed he was Kira, he would have been screwed. Writing a name takes a bit longer than shooting or tackling someone, so he couldn't exactly kill everyone against him on the spot. Plus he wouldn't know everyone's names in the long run.
You say he's intelligent? It depends on what you consider one's goal to be. Light undeniably had book smarts, and he was very clever at coming up with plans on the spot. However, hiding from people and killing those opposed to him are not really god-like traits (maybe the institutional Christian or Muslim God, who is a psychopathic madman that doesn't resemble the real God, but that's another discussion), and to take such steps to preserve one's own life are, while intelligent, also quite cowardly in the sense that he was not willing to actually risk his own life to achieve his goals. Sure, he said his life was in danger from the beginning, but dying of any way other than a natural cause was not something he ever considered as a real possibility. He was just too smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirdSmells View Post
Light did exactly what L did except admit his identity because, well, if he did that he would've died. Unlike L who can hide behind no one knowing his name, Light would be shot on the spot because you don't need any extra information to shoot someone.
The Kira Investigation Team wouldn't have simply shot him. L was very adamant about bringing Kira to justice via legal means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlicious View Post
I don't know I honestly believe lght was the good guy even if he did do it in a manipulative way he was Lawful Evil doing the right thing at any cost. If death note was real I'd probably be a kira worshipper
I don't doubt that.

If Death Note were real, I would probably be like Matsuda, because he seems to support Kira in the motivational sense, but when face to face with who Kira is, his anger at what was sacrificed would get the better of him.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 07-28-2009
animex75's Avatar
animex75 animex75 is offline
Definitely Kim Jong Un
 
Gender: MEN ARE PIGS
Location: Potentially North Korea
Blurb: PSN: animex75b Switch: SW-5941-0272-2331
Posts: 84,214,683,184.72
Default

in the manga, Matsuda shoots Light like 3-4 times
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-28-2009
DannyLilithborne's Avatar
DannyLilithborne DannyLilithborne is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: Chateau Aensland
Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!
Posts: 1,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by animex75 View Post
in the manga, Matsuda shoots Light like 3-4 times
He did that on his own volition, not the team's. They held him back from killing him, IIRC.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-28-2009
animex75's Avatar
animex75 animex75 is offline
Definitely Kim Jong Un
 
Gender: MEN ARE PIGS
Location: Potentially North Korea
Blurb: PSN: animex75b Switch: SW-5941-0272-2331
Posts: 84,214,683,184.72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLilithborne View Post
He did that on his own volition, not the team's. They held him back from killing him, IIRC.
ya, just funny as hell watchin Matsuda shoot Light 3-4 times, instead of once
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 07-28-2009
DannyLilithborne's Avatar
DannyLilithborne DannyLilithborne is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: Chateau Aensland
Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!
Posts: 1,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by animex75 View Post
ya, just funny as hell watchin Matsuda shoot Light 3-4 times, instead of once
Ah, okay. I was just wondering if you were saying that in response to me saying the Kira investigation team wanted to bring Kira to justice via legal means.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 07-28-2009
animex75's Avatar
animex75 animex75 is offline
Definitely Kim Jong Un
 
Gender: MEN ARE PIGS
Location: Potentially North Korea
Blurb: PSN: animex75b Switch: SW-5941-0272-2331
Posts: 84,214,683,184.72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLilithborne View Post
Ah, okay. I was just wondering if you were saying that in response to me saying the Kira investigation team wanted to bring Kira to justice via legal means.
nah, just the thing bout Matsuda shooting Light
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 07-29-2009
Turtlicious's Avatar
Turtlicious Turtlicious is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Posts: 10,309
Marshmallow
Default

which was funny and sad
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 07-29-2009
DannyLilithborne's Avatar
DannyLilithborne DannyLilithborne is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: Chateau Aensland
Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!
Posts: 1,476
Default

Actually, I just checked. Matsuda shoots Light once then asks him about why his father had to die. When Light tries to write Near's name in his blood, Matsuda shoots him four times and is about to kill him when the task force holds him back. So yeah, Matsuda shoots him hella in the anime, too.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 07-29-2009
animex75's Avatar
animex75 animex75 is offline
Definitely Kim Jong Un
 
Gender: MEN ARE PIGS
Location: Potentially North Korea
Blurb: PSN: animex75b Switch: SW-5941-0272-2331
Posts: 84,214,683,184.72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLilithborne View Post
Actually, I just checked. Matsuda shoots Light once then asks him about why his father had to die. When Light tries to write Near's name in his blood, Matsuda shoots him four times and is about to kill him when the task force holds him back. So yeah, Matsuda shoots him hella in the anime, too.
hmm...musta 4got bout tht in the anime....
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 07-29-2009
Turtlicious's Avatar
Turtlicious Turtlicious is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Posts: 10,309
Marshmallow
Default

whats up with that
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 07-29-2009
Fat1Fared's Avatar
Fat1Fared Fat1Fared is offline
Chumba Wumba
 
Gender: Male
Location: The Ministry of Evil
Blurb: What is a blurb?
Posts: 9,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLilithborne View Post
It's ironic that you say that, especially considering I never once said that my opinion was absolute fact. Only God can do that kind of thing; it is not in my power to do so. Although I hold my own opinion in high regard, you're free to disagree. I'll just think you're wrong.

You're calling me dumb for having a strong opinion about a character in a book, but here you are getting upset about how I feel about Light. And if you are annoyed by me, then you are playing right into my hands. Don't be annoyed.
Well can't I say same thing, only with more merit, because I made a sarcastic joke, you just started making defamitery comments at me <facepalm1>

And when you say, anyone who disagrees is 100% wrong, sounds very complete to me <facepalm2>

I didn't call you dumb, I said your opinion seems foolish to me, their is major different.

Yes you annoy me, for simple reason your nasty to other poeple, and so I got sarsactic with you

Quote:
I never said that. Throwing yourself into danger needlessly is stupid, too. But on the other hand, that is exactly what Light did when he started to use the Death Note to eliminate criminals, and he knew it.
No he didn't see it as needlessly dangerous, he saw it as a needed risk, to do right thing, I may not agree with his actions, but I think he did what he thought was right, at first

Quote:
The person who goes into a shopping center and kills six people is acting out of fear. He is either doing something he thinks is good in his eyes (eliminating all the complacent sheeple, perhaps?) or he's trying to achieve suicide-by-cop (more common than you think). To believe he is merely insane is to separate yourself from him and therefore doom yourself to never understand this behavior, and it will happen again.
So you what these poeple are thinking? (no you don't, the only poeple who really know what they are thinking and reasons behind them, are the people themselves)

And in thi case, the reason doesn't matter, the point is what they are doing being brave, dispite putting themselves in dangerous position

Quote:
Light knew he was doing wrong, and said so. "I knew killing people was against the law, but something had to be done." He made a game out of hiding from lawful justice as early as episode 2, and trying to hide yourself from consequences is the very definition of cowardice. When he was caught and had no way out, he resorted to bluffing, and when that didn't work, he tried to manipulate Matsuda's sense of justice against him, which quite literally backfired. (I don't know if this happened in the manga. If that's what you're talking about, I apologize; I simply do not have the energy to read the manga right now, due to illness.)
So he did what he saw as lesser of two evils, many poeple have done this, doesn't make them evil or cowards

Also, just because something is against law, doesn't make it wrong and just because something follows law, doesn't make it right (it is very naive view to think it is and that is one of reasons Raito does what he does)

So because he tried to escape death, he is a coward, then apart from sicidual poeple, everyone is coward? (It is a natural thing, born into almost every person, and now maybe you are right that, it would have been brave to stand up and be counted for actions at the end, however that is one action, one moment where lose your courage, doesn't make you a coward, so if you base your whole agrument on him being a coward, because he didn't throw himself into needless danger and one moment in his life when he was facing almost serion death, he panicked, then you are basically saying that:-

1=Being brave or coward is 100% thing, it isn't
2=One weak moment in your live will be the one you are defined by, which is very harsh
3=Under your view VERY HUMAN who ever lived was courage

Quote:
Again, while I think you are 100% wrong in your defense of Light, and speak harshly at you because of that, you are holding yourself back by getting annoyed at me. If you seriously want to play this game, you should stop being irritated and consider the truth ? my opinions, as strong as I express them, are not fact and I've never considered them as such, so you're getting angry at a person that does not exist.

Coming from the person who said "Your a fucking idiot" <facepalm3>

and "You like Kira as character, you are terrible and evil person" <facepalm4>
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 07-29-2009
roxasabridged's Avatar
roxasabridged roxasabridged is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland, land of the Awesome.
Posts: 2,027
Send a message via MSN to roxasabridged
Default

Quote:
You say he's intelligent? It depends on what you consider one's goal to be. Light undeniably had book smarts, and he was very clever at coming up with plans on the spot. However, hiding from people and killing those opposed to him are not really god-like traits (maybe the institutional Christian or Muslim God, who is a psychopathic madman that doesn't resemble the real God, but that's another discussion), and to take such steps to preserve one's own life are, while intelligent, also quite cowardly in the sense that he was not willing to actually risk his own life to achieve his goals. Sure, he said his life was in danger from the beginning, but dying of any way other than a natural cause was not something he ever considered as a real possibility. He was just too smart.
If your life's goal is to become a 'God', then you have to be extremely intelligent to avoid being arrested for mass murder. He managed to avoid being caught by L and killed him. At this point, insanity seems to cloud his intelligence...
Light probably wouldn't have seen using others to die for him as God - like traits. Maybe 'necessary sacrifice for the greater good'. Unless his views on being a God is drastically different to everyone elses, which wouldn't be too hard to consider.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 07-29-2009
animex75's Avatar
animex75 animex75 is offline
Definitely Kim Jong Un
 
Gender: MEN ARE PIGS
Location: Potentially North Korea
Blurb: PSN: animex75b Switch: SW-5941-0272-2331
Posts: 84,214,683,184.72
Default

heh, i did kinda achieve my goal....tho the world went back to being evil, o well I'M BACk
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 07-29-2009
DannyLilithborne's Avatar
DannyLilithborne DannyLilithborne is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: Chateau Aensland
Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!
Posts: 1,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat1Fared View Post
Coming from the person who said "Your a fucking idiot" <facepalm3>

and "You like Kira as character, you are terrible and evil person" <facepalm4>
And I stand by those. They're my opinions, mind you.

Back on the ignore list you go. I should have known better than to try to reason with someone who thinks <facepalm> is an argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxasabridged View Post
If your life's goal is to become a 'God', then you have to be extremely intelligent to avoid being arrested for mass murder. He managed to avoid being caught by L and killed him. At this point, insanity seems to cloud his intelligence...
Light probably wouldn't have seen using others to die for him as God - like traits. Maybe 'necessary sacrifice for the greater good'. Unless his views on being a God is drastically different to everyone elses, which wouldn't be too hard to consider.
When Light declared his intent to become "God of a new world" in episode 1, I admit that I was confused. To be God, he would have to never die so that his intent could be properly served in perpetuity. Instead, he had a very short sighted goal that involved counting on those who agreed with "Kira" in principle and finding a successor that way. He didn't seem to count on those people having wills of their own, and that's what screwed him in the end.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 07-29-2009
animex75's Avatar
animex75 animex75 is offline
Definitely Kim Jong Un
 
Gender: MEN ARE PIGS
Location: Potentially North Korea
Blurb: PSN: animex75b Switch: SW-5941-0272-2331
Posts: 84,214,683,184.72
Default

i messed up bad, but now i AM immortal!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Yu-Gi-Oh is the property of Konami and Kazuki Takahashi. We are only a parody, we are not breaking any laws nor intend to. See our disclaimer and terms of use. You can also contact us. Maybe you even want to read our about us page. Smileys by David Lanham. Hosted by Cthulhu.... Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.